Worse tenants ever

Discussion in 'Landlord & Rental Property Questions' started by cmiller, Jun 24, 2014.

1. cmiller

cmiller Active Member

I would like to hear your stories what are the worse tenants you ever had and how did the eviction go?

2. dianethare

dianethare Senior Investor

The first tenant, destroyed the walls, i had to go back to my pocket to make the house look in top-tip shape again...counted my losses
    The second tenant, fleeced me off $ 850 off rent money and went wherever, never had of him ever again....again counted my losses
    The third tenant, tried all antics of not paying rent and underhandedness but i got him before he brewed up an ugly storm, sent the authorities on his tail, he is out of the house and what a relief....after three bitings and many times shy....i have a professional real estate agent in place, so tenants will be screened, no more jokes, i just had it with deadbeats taking me for a joy-ride!

3. Determined2014

Determined2014 Guest

The worst tenenat did not pay rent for a while claiming he was going through hardships and would pay, I ended up evicting him, guess what he broke in and came through the roof of the house and would not move out, after being forcefuly evicted, he started threatening me of how he was going to shoot me, after having a new tenant in that house, the same threatening tenenant snuck in and would not move,had to call the police on him.

4. richc3

richc3 Senior Investor

We've had a few issues in the past, but the most notable one related to a tenant who was an avid drug user (only marijuana to my knowledge) and perhaps dealer. We have security cameras all over the premises and all sorts of shady people would be trying to break into not only his suite, but also the main one.

Long story short though, he was a no-show on rent and had to take measures into our own hands. Once he was legally removed, we found all sorts of damage to the suite based on his drug use.

5. Gelsemium

Gelsemium Senior Investor

I had a friend when I was a kid that never stayed in the same flat more than 1 or 2 years, they paid the deposit and than they never paid rent again, so they would just stay there until the landlord managed to kick them out.

6. Strykstar

Strykstar Well-Known Member

How is that possible?
    Surely the landlords would take them to court for the amount of rent due, right?

7. Peninha

Peninha Senior Investor

That sounds really strange too, but as Gelsemium meants when he was a kid possibly that happened a while ago and control was not so effective as now. Even so a headache for any landlord, a tenant that doesn't pay rent and refuses to leave...

8. May102014

May102014 Well-Known Member

Oh goodness. Where do I start with the following tenant whose name shall remain unknown? Well, one tenant was from hell. Each week they would have physical and verbal altercations with family members who seem to take joy in coming to the neighborhood to raise havoc. Neighbors were never impress and it was always conflict almost every other day. And no I am not exaggerating. Then, they had people who didn't live in the neighborhood come around their home for all hours of the night disturbing the peace. Eventually, I gave them 3 warnings and they didn't listen so I had them evicted. Eviction didn't go smoothly, but it was funny. The lady cuss me out to no end while still getting her belongings from the house. So, I guess I got off easy.

9. ash2014uk

ash2014uk Well-Known Member

I havent really faced really horrible tenants except ones where they are really strict against vistors or they expect a lot of money upfront straight away.
    Its hard for a student to fork out a load of money in one lump sum to pay for half rents or deposits 4 months before even moving in to the hosue!

10. lionzfire122

lionzfire122 New Member

Let me begin with this, SWAT TEAM, CRACK HEADS, WEIRDO, AND I WAS THE WORST TENANT?

I moved into an extended room with this couple and their two children. I didn't have much except my two pit bulls, their cages, my clothes and my girls clothes, and a little bit of furniture.

When I moved in I was very pleased with the environment. I was surrounded by old people. I thought I was in the most quiet neighborhood of New Port Richey, Fl.

Next thing I know people are making comments about me. I'm young, I drink, I just want to ruin everyone's lives. I think to myself, "What the heck is going on I didn't do a thing.."

The neighbors on this street I was living on didn't like that I was not old, since it was filled with retired "snow birds". I kept to myself until the point I found myself on the street cursing at them. I never get to that point do you? Especially cursing at some old guy you feel bad for. Anyways, we had a cursing battle on how we felt about each other.

It came to my attention one day as I sat in the bathroom of this house. That I noticed bullet holes in the shower curtains. I was like.. That's fresh as can be. I looked inside the shower to see bullet holes sprayed into the shower. I started to wonder.

While that was all going on my Landlord was missing... He apparently got hit by a car, came home, left for work, and never came back, all with my nice sack of rent money in his pocket.

His woman tried kicking me out all of a sudden. I was pretty shocked. Since I was living with my landlord at the time. She accused me of so many things that weren't true. I even questioned her about the bullet holes and she told me a story about "swat team". Yea right, I ended up being the "worst tenant" in that neighbor hood, and for what? To be some regular hard working person with two pit bulls trying to rent a room and save a buck.

I was that bad tenant? lmao.