Worse tenants ever

Discussion in 'Landlord & Rental Property Questions' started by cmiller, Jun 24, 2014.

1. Gelsemium

Gelsemium Senior Investor

Wow, what a story lion, it looks like something out of a movie. Sure, if you're a young guy, drinking, with two pit-bulls in an old people neighborhood they will talk and they can invent lies to kick you out... Sorry to hear about it though.

2. wander_n_wonder

wander_n_wonder Guest

I rented my studio unit to a group of 3 male students. They smoke and burn parts of the couch. They would drink the whole night and leave bottles and all their food scattered everywhere. I swear, the moment I peeped into the unit and saw all the mess, I immediately thought of reasons to evict them. They just don't care about the house! I would rather leave the house idle than waste money on repairs later on.

3. Gelsemium

Gelsemium Senior Investor

Yeah, I am sorry about that wander, but at the same time that just shows how important it is to know the people you're renting to. Three male students it was likely that they were party guys. Better luck next time!

4. Strykstar

Strykstar Well-Known Member

I think you are mixing up tenants and landlords Ash :)

5. Peninha

Peninha Senior Investor

LOL yeah. I do believe a good relation between tenants and landlords is good for everyone, but there are always those people that don't care if they are destroying property and don't pay, it's just the way it is.

6. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

The worst tenant we had was a man who was both an alcoholic and trouble-maker. He'd come home drunk, and play loud music. Anyone who knocked on his door to ask him to turn down the music ended up getting into a fight with him because the guy would come out charging to 'deal' with the intruder. He was a relative of ours so my parents found it pretty hard to kick him out since he always said he would commit suicide should he be evicted. Eventually though, he inherited some of his parents property and moved away. From this experience I learned never to let an apartment/house/etc. to some kinsman.

7. Spowys

Spowys Member

The worst were tenants who got a big dog without telling me. I did inspections every 6 months. They managed to get away with it for exactly 6 months, but after that, man were there a lot of problems. The placed smell terrible, was full of dog urine, and things were ripped up, including the carpet. No security deposit for them!