Would you buy a big home from the pooling funds of funds of family members?

Discussion in 'Buying & Selling Real Estate' started by Investor, Oct 25, 2014.

1. dianethare

dianethare Senior Investor

Lets put it this way, there are certain cultures that know how to pull this stunt off and others fail at it completely....i think it all boils down to common understanding and mutual respect for each other but if greed and jealously are rife...it'll be a complete disaster...conflicts will ensue!

2. shilpa123

shilpa123 Banned

This is the concept of joint family that was very common in the earlier days. But now the thought of it has just ended. I think it is a great idea to have a joint family but practically it is very hard to make it work. I think requires quite a lot of tolerance which is very much lacking in the people of today's world.

3. dianethare

dianethare Senior Investor

Thanks Tara for that reminder on Benjamin Franklin's quote, so true, so true, there are people i need to let them in on this quote right here, like i said earlier and i'll say now, its best to keep a distance when it comes to family or relatives especially in terms of business or investing unless you have a common interest or understanding.

4. Gelsemium

Gelsemium Senior Investor

I agree, one thing is to have a relative in extreme need, in that case we should help, but if we are just trying to improve their situation sometimes we can just make a mess.

5. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

I think it's the way people are raised and expected to be independent. Funny thing is most parents expect their kids once they're out of college or when they get their first job to move out. Others hate living with their parents because they want to do their own stuff without an authority figure butting in to offer unsolicited advice and to avoid that, move out long as soon as they can. It's all about freedom IMO. Americans love their freedom although it's nothing more than an illusion.