Would you buy a rolex from Amazon?

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by BerndFoll, Jul 13, 2015.

1. AtlantaSports

AtlantaSports Senior Investor

A friend of mine was recently going to purchase a gold chain online, but he realized that there is a ton of fake gold online, so he decided to talk to someone who personally sold them. It's a much better deal and it's quicker/easier.

2. AtlantaSports

Yeah, this is honestly the best advice I have seen on this thread so far. Do this.

3. SteakTartare

SteakTartare Senior Investor

No, I can't say I would. For various reasons (cultural, fiscal, etc.), I've always been pretty modest in clothing, accessories, and time pieces. Oh, I wear good, clean, functional, and business-like clothing. I just don't see the need to go high ticket on most items.

That said, I can certainly admire a nice Rolex. Their reputation is much deserved. It is just not for me.

4. admin

admin Administrator Staff Member

5. anorexorcist

anorexorcist Well-Known Member

I don't think that you should buy that Rolex, it could be fake and it's pretty pricey for an imitation. If you really want a Rolex that bad, I recommend you to save the enough money to buy an authentic one. It's better to be safe than sorry!

6. MoneyFiend

MoneyFiend Member

I wouldn't consider buying one through a vendor that I was unsure of. Since Amazon is a distribution source for many and not purely made of legitimate companies, there is a chance you could be buying counterfeits or cheap knock offs rather than the quality goods from the respected brand. Making a purchase via the companies website is recommended.

7. edustadar001

edustadar001 Member

People with an average salary are not buying such clocks. Only rich people are doing that. If somebody has so much money to buy a 12k Rolex, he/she isn't doing it in a online shop like Amazon. If somebody really wants to safe 1.010$ when buying a clock because he/she doesn't have so much money, there is something wrong. Not with the clock but with the financial calculations of this person.

8. AtlantaSports

I agree. It's most likely a fake Roley.

9. lstryhrn

lstryhrn Active Member

Why not? amazon is a legit place to buy places . Only thing you have to watch out for is who selling the item. If amazon is I will be ok with it. If somebody personal is selling something on amazon I wouldn't.

10. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

Many middle class people with mid to upper 5 figure incomes or low 6 figure incomes (often with modest or no wealth) often buy such things on credit. A watch is not really a very good predictor of actual wealth. Somebody wearing a $20 watch may have nothing, or may have many millions or more stashed away. Same with somebody wearing a $10k or higher watch - they may be wealthy, or they may be up to their necks in debt with no net worth and living paycheck to paycheck.