Would you buy a rolex from Amazon?

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by BerndFoll, Jul 13, 2015.

1. gracer

gracer Senior Investor

I totally agree! If I ever had that large sum of money, I wouldn't spend it on a watch. I can buy the cheapest watch and still know what time it is. Nowadays, practicality is a big deal especially at a time when everything, including food is expensive. I would rather invest my money or spend it on something that would benefit my whole family instead of spending it on just a piece of watch. With regards to other products online, I would buy if I see that it's cheap and has quality. But most of the time, I prefer buying physically in stores because I still feel it's best to do so if one has the luxury of time.

2. JessieJ

JessieJ Guest

I wouldn't purchase a Rolex online. It doesn't matter if it is Amazon or other websites. I rather go to the store myself and make the purchase in hand.

3. TheApollonian

TheApollonian Well-Known Member

One way to know is certification and user ratings. Amazon has strict policies regarding fake appliances, jewelry and such. I think most of them are refundable too. Serious merchants don't sell second-hand remember that. Quality is always top priority and the customer is king.

4. pwarbi

pwarbi Senior Investor

Amazon very well might have regulations put in place to avoid the sale of fake goods but even so, if I'm spending that kind of money on something, I'll be picking it up and looking at in with my own eyes and have it in my hands before I pay for it.

5. AtlantaSports

AtlantaSports Senior Investor

It's not Amazon that is as much of the problem as it is the person selling it. Buying jewelry online is just a bad thing. It could be fake, not fit, be not real gold, etc.

6. spaceboytaylor

spaceboytaylor Active Member

When it comes to expensive purchases like that, I tend to want to be there for the exchange in person and get handed my product at the same time that I hand them the cash (or debit card I guess). It just feels more satisfying and there's little chance of me getting scammed because I know who the guy is now and it's not just a faceless internet vendor.

7. mooray

mooray Well-Known Member

Amazon just makes it complicated especially if it is too expensive. The best thing to do is to check out the reviews before confirming the purchase but not many people opt to buy that kind of rolex online.

8. Nox

Nox Guest

I wouldn't be able to afford it in the first place. It is my knowledge (from the outside looking in), that in general with luxury goods, when purchasing them it's about the whole experience, from the individual attention given to the customer to the customisations made on the pieces. I feel like purchasing such an item online takes away from that experience.

9. kgord

kgord Senior Investor

I would be highly unlikely to buy a Rolex from anywhere, but if I did, I would not really have a problem buying it from Amazon I think I have gotten pretty good service and goods from there. I would read the user reviews of course and make sure they were verified purchases. That is a must, especially if I was buying something expensive like a Rolex watch.