Would you buy property overseas?

Discussion in 'Buying & Selling Real Estate' started by Investor, Oct 16, 2014.

1. Determined2014

Determined2014 Guest

I definitly would, it is all about making money, so I would do it as long as it is good profit.

2. shilpa123

shilpa123 Banned

I think it is quite a wonderful idea to buy the land overseas. It is good only if you know the country very well. You must be well acquainted with the area also and the current laws.

3. Peninha

Peninha Senior Investor

I'd love to buy property overseas in a country that had an economy weaker than mine so that my money would worth there a lot. Living there would be another matter.

4. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Senior Investor

I would only do this if I'm planning to live in that country in the future. It's hard to manage a property that is far from you, that's why I prefer to use a REIT instead.

5. tournique

tournique Well-Known Member

I would invest in some property over seas as well. If I can find a decent administrator for it, then sure !

6. Fredrick Jones

Fredrick Jones Well-Known Member

Depends what you define as "overseas", in many non western countries are not as strict when it comes to things like titles. One has to be extremely careful when purchasing. Also beaware it is difficult to take legal action against the seller.

7. shilpa123

shilpa123 Banned

I would be think about buying sites overseas as it can be totally worthless at some point. I think it is best to try buying in our area as we know the place much better.