Would you have a corporate job or be a freelancer?

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by tournique, Jan 22, 2015.

1. Investor

Investor Well-Known Member

I would take the corporate job, I'm sorry, I have had more bad experiences with freelance jobs, than with corporate jobs, and like many others have had, the only way on this Earth that I would take the freelance job over the corporate job is if the freelance position has tenure, and someone will be responsible for me not being paid on time, or not being paid at all, furthermore, the freelance position must be governed by employment laws of the country which it is operating in.

2. Determined2014

Determined2014 Guest

Well, I would choose freelancer at any time, because it gives you alot of flexibility and freedom, but at the same time, it is not safe, but one has to take the good and the bad, so I will choose freelancing,

3. Rosyrain

Rosyrain Senior Investor

I would choose to go the freelance route, because if things got bad, I could go back to the corporate world. It is much harder to go from corporate to freelance unless you have a lot of free time to build up your freelance business. I am experiencing this very issue right now and I am trying to build my own business.

4. Profit5500

Profit5500 Senior Investor

I can make time for both if I were to strategize on how. If the corporate job would allow me to work and earn an steady pay check then have enough time to work on my online business then I am up for it. It would depend on the idea that I have to present that would determine how much time I would have.

5. Rosyrain

Rosyrain Senior Investor

Doing both would be great if you had enough time. You can do a corporate job and get all of the benefits and have a steady paycheck that you can depend on. Doing a freelance job at the same time would give you the flexibility to do what you love, and at the same time get extra money for doing it. Right now I am doing a little of both, but would like to take my freelance work to the next level and make it more of a steady diet.

6. wahmed

wahmed Well-Known Member

Coprate. Hands down. Id just get lazy freelancing. Jobs give you a structure, a way of working and a discipline.

7. queenbellevue

queenbellevue Well-Known Member

It depends on the field. If it's something I enjoy doing then the corporate job all the way! If it's something I hate, then I would not want to spend my days at a desk, waiting for the day to be over. Yes, I might make a little less with freelance gigs, but money's not everything in life. I'd just need enough to pay my bills and I'd be alright.

8. Gelsemium

Gelsemium Senior Investor

I don't think I'd like to be my own boss unless I was pretty sure I would have a steady income because I have monthly responsibilities including kids and I could not put that on the line.

9. niiro17

niiro17 Well-Known Member

Having a corporate job is much safer than being a freelancer. My sister tried to be a freelancer, and she said it's more difficult than having a office job. But freelancing has more offer than in an office job.

10. hijin

hijin Guest

I prefer a corporate job. Robert Kiyosaki had been advising people not to rely solely on the security of a corporate job. It makes sense to me, but then, I am someone who does not want uncertainty. Hence, I prefer a day job. If my capabilities are apt for a freelance, then, why not? However, I do not want a freelance even with high pay if it is not even consistent every month. Whereas, in the corporate job, I can get the same pay until my next raise the next year, and I can do some work on the side at the end of the day. in my case, a freelance job is a financial supplement and not just the main source of income.