Wtw - Weight Watchers

Discussion in 'Investment Charts' started by longtermbull, Mar 22, 2017.

1. longtermbull

longtermbull Administrator Staff Member

So @fireopal do you think WTW is a buy/hold/sell?

2. fireopal

fireopal Senior Investor

Think i posted that i have been playing this since Oprah came on board & i have free shares @ this point that i was going to sell when it hit $60. but changed my mind & will be holding for as long as O is on board b/c i do think this will be heading higher. SO to answer your question, if i didn't already have some then i would buy on a nice pull back & hold. Also actually think i am going to start playing this short which i haven't done yet but $ to made there too so....

3. Chartman

Chartman Senior Investor

What you are saying is it might be a volatile road in the short to medium term with all of the speculation :)

She has transformed this sleeping giant and while she has made a lot of money, the cumulative profit for shareholders is a massive multiple of Oprah's profit in monetary terms.

• Like Like x 1
  4. gowiththeflow

gowiththeflow Senior Investor

It might be healthy to see a pull back to $58ish a share - this would allow some consolidation and then hopefully it can push on again. Oprah has certainly done the business with this one!

5. longtermbull

The consolidation seems under way - somewhere around $58 would seem to be the critical point :)

6. gowiththeflow

I would argue there is potentially more downside in the short to medium term after the phenomenal rise of late. As a consequence, I will be watching this one with a view to picking up some cheap stock when the profit-taking is overdone.

7. longtermbull

I would have expected to see at least some profit taking in light of the market falls of late but this has held fairly steady - it can't defy gravity forever but there must be some good underlying strength with this business. One to buy on weakness :)

8. fireopal

fireopal Senior Investor

^^ O's stock held up very well yesterday & i still am waiting for a nice short which isn't happening just yet!!

9. gowiththeflow

This stock is unbelievably strong when you bear in mind the recent price rise and market volatility. It does beg the question, is there something going on behind-the-scenes?

10. fireopal

fireopal Senior Investor

Tags: