Wtw - Weight Watchers

Discussion in 'Investment Charts' started by longtermbull, Mar 22, 2017.

1. longtermbull

longtermbull Administrator Staff Member

There have been and continue to be a lot of changes at the company - they will take time to bed down although I think we will soon see the benefits of the first phase of change. There will come a point when the company will start to look at acquisitions to reduce dependence on one particular income stream. Personally I think we could see some massive changes to the makeup of the company over the next few years.

2. gowiththeflow

gowiththeflow Senior Investor

I will certainly be following OW a lot closer the next time she decides to invest in a company and take an active role. She is no fool!

3. Chartman

Chartman Senior Investor

While the OW share sale did spook the market for a short while - resulting in a fall in the price as the shares were placed - I dont think it has impacted the positive sentiment the stock has created over the last couple of years. Still a long term buy in my book but I wouldnt expect any short term fireworks.

4. longtermbull

I dont expect an awful lot of volatility in the share price in the short term - maybe the next set of figures will get interest moving again. However, it was intriguing to see demand from institutions for Oprah's part share sale - I cant see much downside and still positive long term.

5. gowiththeflow

Profit takers out of the way, looks to me as if the shares are headed back towards the $75 level and could very soon be pushing to new highs. There must be serious demand for this stock for Oprah Winfrey to be able to place that number of shares into the marketplace. Those who criticised her part sale after a monumental rally in the share price need to remember she still holds a significant stake

6. Buyonthedips

Buyonthedips Senior Investor

These shares are quickly back in demand - does Oprah Winfrey have a lock-in agreement covering her remaining shareholding?

7. Chartman

Chartman Senior Investor

The Weight Watchers share price is extremely strong bearing in mind the significant share placing by Oprah Winfrey. The shares are not a million miles away from their recent all time high and it looks as though they will get their sooner rather than later. There must be so many more different avenues the company can investigate when expanding in the future?

8. gowiththeflow

Seen Oprah at the Royal Wedding yesterday - the shares will be volatile in the short term after one heck of a run since Oprah got invovled! A buy and tuck away on any form of weakness.

9. longtermbull

There might be a run for the door amongst those who are sitting on a decent profit as the shares drift which could create an over sold position - keep a very close eye on this as it could be a useful long term buying opportunity. As ever, DYOR

10. fireopal

fireopal Senior Investor

Stand corrected & looks like i am getting closer to my $100 pt but not so sure i will sell all & may keep a few from the few i have left b/c could be that $150 - $200 is gonna be a reality before her contract is up :)

Tags: