Wtw - Weight Watchers

Discussion in 'Investment Charts' started by longtermbull, Mar 22, 2017.

1. longtermbull

longtermbull Administrator Staff Member

There could be some short term downside in this one unless the price turns up fairly sharpish. Long term buy, short term watch and wait. I wonder if Oprah is maybe looking to offload more stock in the background and that is keeping the price subdued?

2. fireopal

fireopal Senior Investor

@longtermbull would not be surprised to see her sell more & still see her first sell as writing on the wall + she is also busy with Apple now too, which has really moved up since she got involved - definitely has the golden touch!!

3. Chartman

Chartman Senior Investor

At the moment I think investors will always have the concern in the back of their minds that OW will sell into strength. However, I still believe the stamp she has left on the company will set WW up well for the future. Still a buy on weakness in my book.

4. fireopal

fireopal Senior Investor

@Chartman totally agree that she has served the company very well but think it has peaked and will be more of a long term hold from this point on that will take time to move up into & hold the $100 ranges let alone hit $200. Needs something more significant to happen >> like O buying more stock!! :D

5. gowiththeflow

gowiththeflow Senior Investor

Buckle up, I think we are getting ready for takeoff!

The only downside, as mentioned above, OW will eventually sell her shares and she will need to sell into strength. Tricky one :)

6. fireopal

fireopal Senior Investor

back to see this is down a lot more than i thought it would be lol

7. gowiththeflow

gowiththeflow Senior Investor

Wow I have just had a look and the shares have been hammered!

Maybe time to buy as everyone makes dieting, health and fitness their number one resolution for 2019?

8. fireopal

fireopal Senior Investor

lol @gowiththeflow yeah - did not expect this low & so glad i sold. Def keeping my eye on it - vol picking up a bit and doji on weekly so maybe it's time for reversal of downtrend??

9. longtermbull

longtermbull Administrator Staff Member

If you were ultra cautious you would look at a break above $45 as a sign downtrend is over or even a break above $50 but that would see a lot of profit slipping through your fingers. I think it might be time to start bottom fishing, putting aside some money and investing 50%. Then wait, if it goes lower, buy some more, if it goes higher, buy into strength in the knowledge the company/share price has moved back into an upwards trend. Either way I agree, consolidation at this level should clear out the loose sellers and when they have gone the buyers should push the price higher - might even go pop and jump dramatically on the upside when selling stops.

10. Buyonthedips

Buyonthedips Senior Investor

If I was buying on every dip of this share I would have bought a few times over the last year or so!

Oh how the mighty have fallen or have they just fallen out of fashion? When Oprah was onboard they were flying high but now she has gone onto pastures new (still with a big holding though) the shares have been in a long downtrend. There will be a time to buy - surely things have not changed that much!

Tags: