WWE

Discussion in 'Stock Market Forum' started by soultakerkage, May 18, 2014.

1. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

Yeah, they're worth maybe a little over $800 mil these days.

2. Allison2021

Allison2021 Well-Known Member

That was shocking news. What could have happened? He and his wife made so much money on those pay-per-views videos. They made money from movies. They need to branch out to South America and Eastern Europe to broadcast there.

3. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

I can imagine just the process of renting out large venues, hauling tons of equipment from city to city, setting it up and taking it down, and paying for it all is quite expensive. And if the arenas don't fill up, it's definitely not good. Of course they have the merchandizing and all, but there are just so many other things to invest in that make far, far more money with less risk.

Their revenue was a little over half a billion last year with 3 mil in profit. I know an old guy in my hometown who owns a small second generation private oil and gas company that usually generates more revenue and far more profit.

4. Hansen

Hansen Member

I think we're past the WWE era, don't you think? MMA and UFC seem to be the future in fighting entertainment. I wouldn't bother even considering WWE anymore.

5. Turbolag

Turbolag Active Member

I don't think so, WWE has been around a long time.

I'm kicking myself right now. I should have bougt into the stock two weeks back. It was 9 something a share. Today it's $11.40. Im probably gonna be speculative and just put down $4-500. It looks like their stock is slowly increasing.

6. Hansen

Hansen Member

And I have no clue why, it really does seem like we're past it all. Have you looked at MMA and UFC?

7. Turbolag

Turbolag Active Member

No, but funny enough I was thinking about this thread earlier and thought "I should check for MMA stocks".

Do you have any shares of MMA stocks? What are they going for?

8. Turbolag

Turbolag Active Member

I bought 30 shares of WWE stock yesterday on just speculation. We'll see how it goes.

9. lwhite

lwhite Guest

I think that would hit them pretty hard being that it is such a large amount of money. I'm not sure how they would recover from that. Hopefully, McMahon has a plan to make the money back so that it doesn't hurt the company that much.

10. Guyver001

Guyver001 Member

I used to watch wrestling back when the WWE was still called the WWF. I enjoyed it when I was younger, but today I think it is a joke really. Everytime I manage to catch it on TV, it all looks the same and sounds the same with the scripted material. For this kind of entertainment, I am wondering how they survived this long with it's stocks.