WWE

Discussion in 'Stock Market Forum' started by soultakerkage, May 18, 2014.

1. troutski

troutski Guest

I invested a couple hundred in WWE right before its meteoric rise and then cashed out in the middle of that rise. I profited a decent amount, and I'm glad I had a short leash on the company because I would have been stuck back at ground zero if I had waited much longer. The stock isn't doing so well, and WWE fans that don't even hold stocks can identify the issues with WWE as a company.

2. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

There has been merger talk lately, but I'd be shocked if anyone paid anywhere near $10 a share for it. I have been wrong before though, and will be wrong again. I still have puts on it.

3. troutski

troutski Guest

McMahon has made a few missteps with WWE, but it's still a wildly successful company considering what it actually is. I mean, TNA wrestling is an ant compared to WWE. I don't think I'll invest in the stock again, though. I'm just glad I got some profits out of it earlier this year. I don't think I'll be bold about it again, though.

4. Profit5500

Profit5500 Senior Investor

I guess Vince has no chance in hell getting that money back LOL. I could remember when the WWE was awesome back then and now I just avoid watching the show since lots of changes have been made. I think that the corporate Kane is lame he should just be the Big red machine.

5. troutski

troutski Guest

I see what you did there! There's still tons of talent in WWE, but the company has failed to deliver the best product possible for years now.

6. Colebra

Colebra Well-Known Member

You are forgetting television and pay-per-view buys, which are actually their biggest revenue source.
    I hate wrestling, but I'm super addicted to MMA, so I know something about this business model...

They sure do have some huge overhead expenses though.
    And the thing is that they recently took all of their content online, and gave up on pay-per-view.
    That's pretty risky... No doubt it's the future, but to take that step forward at this point... I don't know.

I didn't understand if he lost WWE shares, or other stuff in his portfolio...

Also, is there a way we investors can find out if a CEO owns a big amount of stock of X or Y company?

Thanks people!

7. JorjSimeonov

JorjSimeonov Guest

I don't think that it's real- seems like it's just another script acted out to get the media's attention on WWE. WWE isn't doing as hot as it used to so Vince is trying anything to print more cash for himself before he completely retires.

8. JR Ewing

Yeah, of course the tv is good, as is the PPV if there's enough consistent interest in it and it remains PAY per view. :D

You can easily keep track of insider comp / ownership activity, as well as big institutional and fund activity in a stock...

http://insiders.morningstar.com/trading/insider-activity.action?t=WWE&region=usa&culture=en-US

http://investors.morningstar.com/ownership/shareholders-overview.html?t=WWE&region=usa&culture=en-US

9. Colebra

Colebra Well-Known Member

WWE is doing ok... It's the whole pay per view industry that is going down. WWE, Boxing, MMA, everything.

WWE just pulled a very risky, and quite innovative move:

http://nysebigstage.com/innovation-in-action/wwe-takes-its-content-and-banks-its-future-online

This has to work or they're in BIG trouble though...

JR Ewing, as always, thank you very very much sir! :cool:

10. JR Ewing

My pleasure.

Are you a cage fighter?

I used to be a big boxing fan - Tyson was AWESOME from '86 to '89 or so. Probably the best ever for a few years IMO.