Your Florida and Ohio Predictions?

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by SteakTartare, Mar 14, 2016.

1. SteakTartare

SteakTartare Senior Investor

Well, the big day for Florida and Ohio is this Tuesday. As of right now, it is looking like Rubio is going to lose big time in Florida. The latest polls have him in the third place behind Trump and Cruz. Ohio is close, with Kasich and Trump in a dead heat.

Care to make any prediction? What if the Trumpster takes both?

2. gmckee1985

gmckee1985 Senior Investor

If I had to guess, at this point I believe Donald Trump will win Florida, unfortunately. That will put a nail in the coffin of Rubio's very disappointing campaign. I do believe that John Kasich will win Ohio. He's a popular governor in his home state and has been consistently leading in the polls. In addition, the late deciders have usually moved against Trump in the closing days. I really would like to see Rubio deprive Trump of those 99 delegates, though. Doesn't appear to be in the cards.

3. Corzhens

Corzhens Senior Investor

Although Donald Trump lost big in Wyoming and Washington DC (which is predominantly Democrats), I guess he will rebound in Florida. I admit that I don't know much about US politics but I am aware of the personalities since I have been watching some of the debates and the latest was the debate between Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton in Florida. And aside from my take in Florida, the finish line will see Donald Trump being named the standard bearer of the Republicans versus Hillary Clinton for the Democrats.

4. Hedonologist

Hedonologist Well-Known Member

Trump will win Florida, and Kaisch will win Ohio, it's a shame Trump won't win both, but Ohio is Kaisch's home state so you can't complain. I'm hoping this will cause Rubio to drop out, and leave a straight two way fight for Cruz and Trump. The thought of a Trump presidency makes me more excited everyday, let's just get the nominations out of the way, so we can move onto the real fight between Trump and Hillary.

5. petesede

petesede Guest

Trump will win Florida by 5, Kasich will win Ohio by 6.

Rubio is in trouble. I think he will eek out a win against Cruz for second.. but if he loses to Cruz in Florida, that is the end of his career. Even just losing your homestate is a deathkiss, but coming in 3rd? terrible.

Rubio should have dropped out last week, it could have saved his career. It also would have been the end of Trump. Without Rubio, Kasich would win IL and Ohio and Cruz would win a few states. But it looks now like maybe Kasich can squeek out a win in IL, but Cruz is going to get shut-out.

it is crazy that Trump is only getting mid-30s and could get the nomination.

6. petesede

petesede Guest

You are living in a dream world if you think Trump ever gets out of the convention with the nomination. The best case scenario for Trump is that he gets the nomination because the establishment runs a third party candidate. There is no way there will be a 1v1 Trump vs Hillary.