Your Thoughts On Heaven

Discussion in 'Religion & Philosophy' started by Rainman, Oct 23, 2015.

1. knitmehere

knitmehere Well-Known Member

I was raised in a split family, one part Catholic and the other just Christian, and I was given so many different opinions of Heaven and what it would/should be. As I got older and could form my own opinions, I decided that Heaven is different for everyone. It is what we will make it out to be once we get to that point.

These days, I'm not sure I believe in a Heaven at all, but I kind of still stick with those old thoughts because the thought of a possible Heaven is better than the thought of there being nothing at all after we die.

2. nissi

nissi Well-Known Member

The priest (who is in a false religion to begin with), is lying. All you have to do is read the bible to know the truth about heaven. Jesus said VERY FEW go to heaven. You must be born again saved to go to heaven. And beware of people telling stories about going to heaven. The apostle John was near to Jesus when he walked the earth, and when he wrote the book of revelation he saw Jesus and said he fell at his feet as dead. Seeing Jesus isn't some happy go lucky experience. He is Lord of all, and a King and Judge of all the earth. If John fell at his feet as dead, what do you think we will do? Same with prophet Isaiah. He fell down and said "woe is me!" because of his sin. So if you want to know about heaven, get saved, and read the word of God.

3. Xauras

Xauras Well-Known Member

nissi - Unfortunately the vast majority of folk have been so easily led away from the truth of scripture and therefore have an awful shock coming to them at then end of time...The Bible describes the pain and anguish they will suffer by them 'Gnashing their teeth and gnawing their tongues as they are bound hand and foot and thrown into deepest darkness as they refused to accept the truth, the very truth that would set them free.

'and all the ways that wickedness deceives those who are perishing. They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved.' 2 Thessalonians 2:10

4. Rainman

Rainman Senior Investor

All modern bibles it is claimed are corrupt. So if the bibles everyone reads are corrupted then odds are everyone is lost. But true Christianity is all about living your life as Christ would, loving everyone and believing that your debt has been paid by the King. This is all it takes:

‘You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind.’e 38This is the first and greatest commandment. 39A second is equally important: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’The entire law and all the demands of the prophets are based on these two commandments.”

5. TheApollonian

TheApollonian Well-Known Member

I think Heaven is your own personal peace of mind, it's true freedom in every sense. It's a reward for a life well-lived. I'm a Catholic but the fire and brimstone Heaven and Hell ideas no longer touch me the way they used to because the book on it is outdated. I also believe that the Kingdom of God is here on Earth and not necessarily in Heaven or some other place. Heaven is death, it's oblivion it's the peace we're all looking for.