Your Worst Investments Of 2016?

Discussion in 'Stock Market Forum' started by JR Ewing, Dec 21, 2016.

1. JR Ewing

JR Ewing Super Moderator Staff Member

What, if any, investments do you have that you have put much $ into that have disappointed you this year?

For me, GPRO comes immediately to mind as a stock that has been a major disappointment. It is down over 50% YTD, and is down nearly 90% from its peak over 2 years ago. This stock is a good argument for diversification, as well as for not buying a stock early after it IPO's. In fact I cannot come up with a single good argument to buy it or own it at all, and I will probably sell the 50 shares I own today and take the ~ $700 loss as a tax write-off.

I also have a few bucks in a number of smaller, more speculative positions in biotech, energy, solar, and tech that have taken a beating. But of course some of those positions can certainly change literally overnight from dogs to big winners.

2. baudwalk

baudwalk Senior Investor

$F and $GLD continue to be my biggest disappointments. The dividends don't make up for the decline in the Ford share price. And the strong dollar still make gold problematic. But so be it.

3. nikhil sharma

nikhil sharma New Member