Zuckerbergs Suggestion On How We Can Get World Peace

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by Rainman, Feb 29, 2016.

1. TaurusHorns

TaurusHorns Well-Known Member

Have you ever seen facebook's trending sidebar? They don't care about world peace, they care about pushing insignificant nonsense from the television onto the internet, worthless social events over dying children, worthless political campaigns and "ooooh" moments over serious issues the world is facing, facebook is useless and zuck is milking it for all its worth.

2. Scooby Snack

Scooby Snack Well-Known Member

LOL truth. Plus if you have money and can afford it, you can promote pretty much anything you want. I saw a couple headlines about Street Fighter V and its downloadable content, and I was thinking to myself "is this REALLY what millions of people are talking about right now? Seriously? During a deeply contentious election season? REALLY??"

3. gmckee1985

gmckee1985 Senior Investor

Let me let you in on a little secret. There is never going to be any world peace. Human beings are always going to be in conflict with one another over one issue or another. There's no getting around that. Now, Facebook is a good entertainment site, and app, but that's about it. It's an interesting tool to stay in touch with friends and family, and it helps make the world more interconnected, and that's a good thing. Beyond that though, it's definitely not going to bring world peace.

4. TaurusHorns

TaurusHorns Well-Known Member

Yeah, I saw the SFV thing. Did you know Ethiopia is going through its worst drought in 50 years? Don't you think if you wanted world peace, you might utilize your network to tell people that little kids might shrivel up and die in the sun because they have no water? Who gives a damn about SFV, it's all $.

5. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Senior Investor

I swear if I see one more person sharing their "ohh my hubblybubblyfluffybunny husband/wife made me dinner LOOOK AT THE PICTURE OF MY FOOD" I will start a war. So this idea is probably not going to work. :D

6. explorerx7

explorerx7 Guest

Zuckerberg is just on a mission to support his social site, Facebook. He realizes that Facebook is facing competition from emerging social sites. Sites like Twitter and Instagram is making a dent in the attractiveness of Facebook. I don't know how Zuckerberg could have come up with this assumption because in reality Facebook is one of those sites that some people use to spew venom towards people that they may not like.

7. Scooby Snack

Damn, I didn't know about that. Granted I usually have my news feed disabled (thank you News Feed Eradicator), but most of the stories I see on it are fluff. Your example only serves to further show how disconnected he and his platform are from the very real challenges facing the world.

8. xTinx

xTinx Active Member

I am sure Mr. Zuckerberg didn't envision Facebook this way 9 years ago. However, since he already reached his goal of making profit, he thought it best to make a new one: world peace. Given the way our world is today, the goal appears rational enough. He could perhaps aid the CIA in pointing out those terrorists and syndicates using Facebook as a tool for illegal recruitment.

9. Scooby Snack

And at the same time he could stop working with European politicians to stifle criticism of disastrous immigration policies by labeling it "hate speech". The sword swings both ways.

10. kgord

kgord Senior Investor

Many people don't use facebook the right way and use it instead to harass and defame others. I think facebook is generally good, but I don't think it is the place to promote world harmony by any means. Zuckerberg is reaching obviously, for his own aggrandizement and economic gain.